• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged Twice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvacd5

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am renting some furniture from Aarons and the payment was due on the 15th. I contacted them and approved for them to take one payment out for $114.00. Well, Sunday I noticed that they double charged me. I mean they ran my credit card twice. First of all, when I called to pay the CSR could not find my info because he was calling me and looking for another name. He then ran a card number and told me it was declined. Then I realized he had someone else's card. My name is Casey and he had a card for Jason. Monday I called and talked to an account rep and he said I was charged twice and he would call me back. 3 hours later I called and talked to the GM, he said he would call me back in 1 hour. That never happened. I want to know what is their obligations to me. Do they have any duty towards me to repay the money back? If so, how long? This is also causing a problem for my family because we have other bills due, for instance I can't mail my car note because I won't have money for food. My family and I live on a budget, ( I am a full time student). What are my rights?

JETX

cvacd5 said:
What are my rights?
Your 'rights' have nothing to do with it at this point. Quit being lazy and get your ass to Aarons. Speak with a manager. Show them copies of your records showing the double charging. Then ask for an immediate refund.
If they refuse or there are additional troubles, THAT is when you start looking at your 'rights' and legal options.

rental hell

Credit card companies allow customers to "interrupt" or even cancel payment to the billing company (in this case, Aarons) for unsatisfactory performance by the same. Contact your credit card company immediately with the details and discuss your options. These rights should also be spelled out on your contract with your cc company or available on line.

When I worked for a car dealership, we rarely allowed customers to buy the car with their CC (a frequent request because companies like Discover would give money back to customers based on total charges made). One of the biggest reasons is that the customer could interrupt payment for virtually any reason, or for no reason at all. Sounds like you have a reason, and BTW, I don't think you are lazy at all. Good luck

Last edited:

JETX

cjbrown929 said:
Credit card companies allow customers to "interrupt" or even cancel payment to the billing company (in this case, Aarons) for unsatisfactory performance by the same.
Of course, that is NOT correct!!

There is NO "credit card company" that will allow a card holder to simply walk away from a valid debt..... no matter how the 'customer' perceives the treatment. If that were true, the courts would be FULL of 'credit avoidance suits.... claiming the salesman was 'mean'.

There are certain 'rights' accorded a credit card user that allow for disputing an invalid charge (in the FCBA - Fair Credit Billing Act), but that would not apply in this case.

Contact your credit card company immediately with the details and discuss your options. These rights should also be spelled out on your contract with your cc company or available on line.
How about showing us ANY 'rights' that allow a card user to avoid payment of this obligation due to "unsatisfactory performance" by a merchant!!

When I worked for a car dealership, we rarely allowed customers to buy the car with their CC (a frequent request because companies like Discover would give money back to customers based on total charges made). One of the biggest reasons is that the customer could interrupt payment for virtually any reason, or for no reason at all. Sounds like you have a reason, and BTW, I don't think you are lazy at all. Good luck
Clearly you are either confused as to 'disputing a credit card debt'.... or are an idiot.

To help you try to figure out which of these you are... here is the applicable US Code allowing a card holder to dispute "billing errors". There is NO SUCH THING as allowing an "unsatisfactory performance" walk-away.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode15/usc_sec_15_00001666----000-.html

MELISSANALLEY

People! Must we all be so rude?
We are all here to get help and try to talk out our issues. If you can't be an adult about your answers, don't answer at all.

JETX

MELISSANALLEY said:
People! Must we all be so rude?
We are all here to get help and try to talk out our issues. If you can't be an adult about your answers, don't answer at all.
Who the hell is 'we'??
You only have FOUR posts (at this time). This hardly allows you to qualify as a 'we'. If you want 'warm fuzzy hugs and kisses', go to www.oprah.com

angry replies

JETX: If the quantity rather than the quality of one's replies are a measure of one's value on this site, I could get 40 monkeys pounding out nonsensical answers and eclipse you in a day. Professionals like doctors and attorneys do not whine at their clients (and you are a whiner) because they aren't providing the right information; they guide them through the process. If you did so, I would bet that this site would see a geometric rise in membership rather than a growing list of discontents. Maybe the admin wants to keep the site like a secret club. That's OK, but it should be made clear so that people don't bother you guys.

Last edited:
double-billed, single minded

JETX: So, if one of the charges (the double billed Aaron's charge) on this person's cc was mistakenly (or intentionally) double billed, that would make it an invalid charge and qualify for removal. Your own statement(s) confirm this, making it a no-brainer. Thanks for confirming my post.

MELISSANALLEY

IF you were a lawyer, you wouldn't be handing out advice in the manner that you are. No professional lawyer would speak to a client w/verbiage like:
"You are an idiot" or "stop being lazy and get off your ".
Criticize all you want, that is what we are here for but there is no reason for fatefulness.
Trying to reason w/individuals like you is a clear waste of time. I am willing to bet that you post some childish rebuttal w/in seconds of viewing my reply.
This site could have more participants if it weren't flooded w/a barrage of innuendoes and childish remarks.

I am sorry ma'am that your request for help has been plagued with "JETX's" rude comments/advise (and I use the word advise loosely!) . Maybe his general point is worth reviewing but all in all, probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isotope

IF you were a lawyer, you wouldn't be handing out advice in the manner that you are. No professional lawyer would speak to a client w/verbiage like:
WOW, I can think of quite a few! In addition, he wasn't speaking to the "client" per se'. He is addressing an individual who, if we were in the proper setting, would more than likely be another attorney. Three of my seven golfing partners are attorneys and let me tell ya'...they go at it like cats and dogs sometimes when they discuss business on the greens. This almost always happens after they have stopped the lady with the beer-cart a few too many times.

I am not a lawyer, nor have I ever claimed to be; but I have found that there are three fields of proffesionalism where an unadulterated truth needs to be had...1) the medical field, 2) the legal field and 3) the financial field. Perhaps Jet could have used a different word, but I, for one, can appreciate his frankness. Giving someone unsound legal advice could have very serious concequences to those of us who seek that advice. My PhD's are not in law and I have no earthly idea who is right and who is wrong, but I can say, as one who found this forum through needs of my own, that I would rather have a person tell me like it is, than to sugar coat it or down-play it. If I found someone giving unsound advice in my business, I can honestly say that I would probably call them something more than an idiot. Also, everyone has different personalities; mine is considered harsh because of the way I run my business, Jet may be like me. We're both good guys, but it frustrates us to no end when someone gives unsound (untrue) advice. If that bad advice were taken and put into action, the repurcussions could far outway any previous concerns. Despite his choice of words, I have yet to read a response from Jet that wasn't backed up with factual law and told like it is. Actually, his honesty and "to the point-ness" is one of the reasons I frequent this forum. I learn from every post. The links he provides corroborate his statements. Just my two cents as a member/observer of this forum, and I actually have less posts than Melissa. lol

Last edited:

JETX

cjbrown929 said:
JETX: If the quantity rather than the quality of one's replies are a measure of one's value on this site, I could get 40 monkeys pounding out nonsensical answers and eclipse you in a day.
Wow!! In order to get that many monkeys, you'd have to call in all of your family, wouldn't you??

Professionals like doctors and attorneys do not whine at their clients (and you are a whiner) because they aren't providing the right information; they guide them through the process.
See, the difference here is... you are NOT my 'client'. And you clearly have no idea what a 'whiner' is... :D

If you did so, I would bet that this site would see a geometric rise in membership rather than a growing list of discontents.
Tell ya' what, Leroy. I will make the same offer to you as I do others. How about we compare the number of "thank you's" that I have PER POSTS, to yours. Oh, thats right. You don't provide ANY legal advice or 'service' and don't have ANY "thank you's", do you??
Guess I win, huh??

Maybe the admin wants to keep the site like a secret club. That's OK, but it should be made clear so that people don't bother you guys.
Gee, you really do want to learn the secret handshake, don't you?? :rolleyes:

JETX

MELISSANALLEY said:
"You are an idiot" or "stop being lazy and get off your ass".
Lets see... where to start in your drunken droolings....
1) You, nor anyone else on this forum, is my client.
2) I don't get paid for listening to your bleating. Trust me, if I were getting paid for providing this service that I offer for FREE, I can be VERY nice and cordial.

Criticize all you want, that is what we are here for but there is no reason for fatefulness.
Fatefulness?? Clearly, you are too stupid to even know what that means. Let me help you....

fate·ful, adj.
1. Vitally affecting subsequent events; being of great consequence; momentous: a fateful decision to counterattack.
2. Controlled by or as if by fate; predetermined.
3. Bringing death or disaster; fatal.
4. Ominously prophetic; portentous: a fateful sign.

Trying to reason w/individuals like you is a clear waste of time.
Then why are you?? Jeeze, you must be near brain-dead.

I am willing to bet that you post some childish rebuttal w/in seconds of viewing my reply.
A little longer....

This site could have more participants if it weren't flooded w/a barrage of innuendoes and childish remarks.
Why?? You are still here. And since your post provides nothing of ANY value to anyone... yet you still feel compelled to stop by.... what makes you think that my absence would bring 'more participants'??

I am sorry ma'am that your request for help has been plagued with "JETX's" rude comments/advise (and I use the word advise loosely!) . Maybe his general point is worth reviewing but all in all, probably not.
So, where is YOUR legally accurate advice?? Oh, thats right.... you didn't offer any. You just felt compelled to bleat and whine. :eek:

MELISSANALLEY

JETX,
Your need to tear apart every word I write explains you in detail. You are a heartless, friendless, probably jobless, single minded, hateful, ignorant who thinks he knows it all and has done it all-better than anyone else in the entire world.
My point exactly when you asked me where was my legal advice? If I can't offer any advise that is not prejudice or non-bias and rude than as an adult, I choose not to. Ever heard what your mom used to say (or should of said) ? "If you can't say something nice don't say it at all." :eek:
I posted a situation I was in and was reviewing others concerns in hopes of maybe finding where someone else has experienced the same scenario and ADULTS had responded with sound, logical advise. I saw your rude remarks and felt empathy for the person asking for help because all you offered was a slap across her face because she hadn't responded to her situation the way you might of.
Isotope,
She hadn't rec'd unsound legal advise that JetX was responding to but rather he was beating her up because she hadn't thought it all the way through and reacted with the common sense of going in to the store rather than repeatedly calling the store. See, you gave your opinion about Jetx's and my email entourage in a polite, professional manner. You don’t agree with me 100% and that is fine. You however told me you didn't agree in a manner that states you have the wherewithal and expertise of arguing like a sensible , mature adult; not like an ..
Isotope and JETX:
I am all for calling someone on bad advice, especially if it pertains to a legal matter. But to tear apart someone because they feel they are better is plain old childish and un-called for and says they possibly have way too much time on their hands. Look at yourself in the mirror JETX. What you see in the reflection is not a man but rather a bully who preys on what you think are the weak.
Thanks Isotope for being genuine and honest, but with curtsey and
finesse. :)
JETX, what can I say? You know it all and I'm sure you'll tell
me. :mad:

JETX

MELISSANALLEY said:
Your need to tear apart every word I write explains you in detail. You are a heartless, friendless, probably jobless, single minded, hateful, ignorant ... who thinks he knows it all and has done it all-better than anyone else in the entire world.
Yep.

My point exactly when you asked me where was my legal advice? If I can't offer any advise that is not prejudice or non-bias and rude than as an adult, I choose not to.
Clearly, you don't 'choose' often enough. Your posts, with absolutely NO VALUE at all, are even less than mine. At least I provide legally accurate information to the original poster.
You do nothing but whine and bitch.... while not providing anything other than to divert attention from the ORIGINAL post... to you.
Your posts are nothing less than like a 3 year old standing in the middle of a grocery aisle yelling "LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!"

Ever heard what your mom used to say (or should of said) ? "If you can't say something nice don't say it at all." :eek:
Gee, how interesting.... considering your FIRST sentence in your last post where you made a feeble attempt to hurt my 'feelings'. Sorry, little darlin'.

I posted a situation I was in and was reviewing others concerns in hopes of maybe finding where someone else has experienced the same scenario and ADULTS had responded with sound, logical advise.
So, lets take a little look behind the curtain and see what you're drooling about.
You did a DOUBLE post (another no-no on this forum).
You whined about your ******* child and his pot smoking dad. Wow! You can really pick 'em, huh??
So, your a druggie AND can't even keep your own kid. What did you do to make the courts give that one away?? Great credentials, huh?>?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=277612

I saw your rude remarks and felt empathy
Oh, wow!! Empathy. Is that another word for you felt that your sophomoric ramblings would have some value and that you somehow felt compelled to put us through the agony of reading them??

for the person asking for help because all you offered was a slap across her face because she hadn't responded to her situation the way you might of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">