• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

might want to sue convenient store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

triple0soul

What is the name of your state? TX

I am not going to mention the name of this convenient store until I know if I have a case or not. Here's the deal. I just recently received this awesome Kool cig satin jacket that I got from using 500 proof of purchases of Kool cartons. It's kelly green satin, with the Kool insignia across that back. Has these really cool black wrist bands and waste bands with 2 thin white stripes. Not a cheapo jacket. Really really fancy. Well anyways I pulled over to use this convenient stores restroom. I will admit this. I was quite drunk so when I went to urinate I missed a lot of the toilet. I realized that I was going to have to wipe it up. I am not a pig after all. Well you see the paper towels were way across the restoom. So when I turned around to grab some paper towels I slipped on my urine, fell, and totally stained my new Kool satin jacket. Like I said I was tipsy so when I got home I kind of forgot about the jacket for a few days. Well the urine has worked it's way in and now is a permanent stain. My question is, do you think I can sue the convenient store for having the paper towels so far away which cause me slipping in the first place??

Happy Trails

triple0soul said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I am not going to mention the name of this convenient store until I know if I have a case or not. Here's the deal. I just recently received this awesome Kool cig satin jacket that I got from using 500 proof of purchases of Kool cartons. It's kelly green satin, with the Kool insignia across that back. Has these really cool black wrist bands and waste bands with 2 thin white stripes. Not a cheapo jacket. Really really fancy. Well anyways I pulled over to use this convenient stores restroom. I will admit this. I was quite drunk so when I went to urinate I missed a lot of the toilet. I realized that I was going to have to wipe it up. I am not a pig after all. Well you see the paper towels were way across the restoom. So when I turned around to grab some paper towels I slipped on my urine, fell, and totally stained my new Kool satin jacket. Like I said I was tipsy so when I got home I kind of forgot about the jacket for a few days. Well the urine has worked it's way in and now is a permanent stain. My question is, do you think I can sue the convenient store for having the paper towels so far away which cause me slipping in the first place??
Hilarious, thanks for the laugh!

racer72

The judge would b!tch slap you for even considering such a frivolous lawsuit. To sue you must prove negiligence. In what way, shape or form could the store be found negligent because you slipped in your own piss? You have been smoking more than cigarettes to even consider a lawsuit. Or to think that a green satin jacket is cool.

HomeGuru

First off smoking is not Kool, and getting drunk is even worse. Let's add more by being drunk, pissing all over the floor, slipping, then staining the new jacket.
Yes, I think that you have a real cause of action here.
The cause is stupidity.
Lastly, the type of store you mentioned is spelled incorrectly..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">