• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my ex boyfriend is taking me to small claims court continued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marie342005

What is the name of your state?OH
Thank you for your responses. I have four (4) of his movies and one (1) empty case (the movies wasn't in there when he loaned it to me. I am going to write and send him a letter telling him to pick up the movies, but until I got the court papers I didn't know what his address was. I did call him 1 1/2 weeks ago and told him over the phone to come get his movies (does that count or do I still need to send the letter)? I have nothing else of his.
I plan on taking these movies and cases with me to court to give him.
I need to know how he has to prove his case (what proof is needed) so I know how to defend my position? Or maybe I just need to know what information can I take to court with me to refute anything he may say?
I did talk to my one neighbor who said she'd go in stating that he didn't live with me and she never saw him moving or bringing things into my home, but I don't know if that will be helpful or accepted proof.
I just need to know how best to build my defense. Do I take pictures of my home, and my belongings? Would that even be acceptable proof? I have no idea how to go about this at all. I don't want to go in there empty handed without anything to defend myself with or is that how small claims court works? The proof is all on the one doing the filing!!
All I have to go on is the experience I had going through divorce court with my ex husband (not the man who is taking me to small claims court), which both parties had evidence etc. I've been told small claims court is different. Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thank you!!

Happy Trails

Marie342005, if you are responding to someone in you original thread, you need to hit the "reply" button. It is located in your OT, after the last post, on the left.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">