• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are you allowed to bring state statutes with you to Small Claims?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

masgaster

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
Hey, I'm going to bat it out against BestBuy over a small contract claim. Is bringing in copies (or even referring to orally) of the relevant UCC statutes frowned upon in small claims court? I just want to show what the correct way of calculating damages is.

I don't want the judge to take offense and I'm not sure what the procedure is with actually bringing in relevant law. Any advice? Thanks.

JETX

masgaster said:
Is bringing in copies (or even referring to orally) of the relevant UCC statutes frowned upon in small claims court?
Nope. If you want, you can bring an entire law library with you.... just be familiar enough with the information so that you can refer to it by citation and provide a copy QUICKLY to the court if requested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">