• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False advertising???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gal

A local car dealer has a web site where you can browse,find available vehicles, and lists the selling price. They have a new vehicle listed for a certain price on the web site. What happens if I go to the dealer and the sticker on the vehicle has a different price? Am I entitled to the price I saw on the web site? I live in SC.
Thanks

L

lbrumfield

most car dealers don't put sale prices print or web on their cars just tell them you want the sale price and they should honor it make sure the vehical your talking about is the same car sometimes with new they have a price leader or one special stock # if they give you sale price don't be surprised when they give you less on your trade be smart the bottom line is the most important number.they can always mark up the price and give you more for yours or lower the price and give you less for yours.good luck!

G

Gal

I went to the car dealer this morning. They refused to sell me the vehicle for the price they have listed on their web site. It is obvious that someone made a mistake on the price when it was placed on the site, but it is the principal of the matter. They are responsible for what they list on their web site and it should be honored. SC

L

lbrumfield

with the dealer this may be a calculated risk if the price is off by less than 1000 dollars if you give them enough hell you will proably get it if it is off by 10000.00 you proabably won't call back ask to speak to customer relations if they dont have one ask to speak to the general manager a relations mgr usually will talk to the manager or sales person you spoke to and then go to a higher up for council.the general manager has the descreation to give you a consession because of their mistake hey you maybe able to get a great deal out of the whole thing anyway! i don't think legal action would work if it works like print they would just have to post a retraction or get a letter from the person entering the mistake that it was truly a error.
I would just use the ammunition you have as a customer someone they would want to keep happy and who would reccomend them in the future.sell them on the fact that word of mouth can be their best friend of worst enemy.keep me happy I'm your customer and I want to do business with you!let me know what happens.

ALawyer

If it is an obvious mistake -- like that add for a Porche Boxster for $750 -- they won't be obliged to honor it.

Major advertisers really do make mistakes, often, and if they are small they eat the loss to maintain good customer relations. But if is a major mistake,they don't. You may want to contact the local consumer hotline in your newspaper or radio stations....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">