• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer released us after 7 years (need help) on our case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tylister

Idaho: This case is actually for my mom - she has been fighting a case for the past 7 years with a huge local company. After an accident at work my father had to go through numerous surgeries and during the time had to fight with the company for workers comp/ light duty request not being fulfilled/ doctors being pressured by both the lawyers and workers comp., no proper rehab.

When i saw the papers my mom has put together - I couldn't believe the evidence she had accumulated. Evidence showing lies, lack of effort from her own lawyer, misrepresentation, prejudice. I mean signed documents from the defense itself showing differences of stories among them, attempts to hide facts in order to speed up the trial. My heck, the company has tried to fire my father numerous times in the past 7 years but are unable to do so due to the proof my mom has. She is now looking for a lawyer from Wyoming or Utah that is licensed to work in Idaho - she has all the evidence put together with various copies of everything. Dates, times, name are all logged. She just needs help from someone to resolve this case once and for all and to help her bring forth the proof that shows just cause to release her lawyer from the case.

Substantial information has been gathered to show the lies and deception from doctors, lawyers, the union (some who have helped her have been fired), company bosses, and workers comp itself. My family just needs help resolving this issue. Their lawyer was great in the first year or so, but eventually stopped doing his work. My mom has since chased down the papers from offices, signed documents, court printouts, second and third doctor opinions, fought for rehabilitation, and put together documents that has helped her finally get some of the benefits due to them. These benefits only came after lies were brought forth with evidence against the defense's side. Her lawyer didn't do this needed work - she was told to settle and he pretty much stopped doing his part. He only did barely enough work to try and show he was doing something. The flipping guy is golfing buddies with the other lawyers.

Lies that were brought to my mom's attention by someone on the union, and more evidence from a secretary who provided copies of lawyer documents that show proof of lack of effort from her own lawyer. More from a receptionists who released copies of doctors forms to my mom showing the complete opposite of what the doctors were telling workers comp. Information showing how the doctors were pushed to drop my dad during rehab - one even said he couldn't deal with the pressures of worker's comp and the defense lawyers- in fact he released my dad months before he was susposed to - but my mom has proof from the doctor's themselves in writting of how the rehab should have been longer. She actually has a doctor from another state holding things together for them with his proof of how the medical rehab has been wrongfully dropped. Worker's comp cut my family off as well as did my dad's place of employment - payments stopped coming during his medical leave. However, my mom was able to fight this and now has seen some benefits come their way. It was as if they were trying to drain them out of $ so they couldn't fight the case much longer and be forced to settle.

My mom continuously brings up ideas to her lawyer to keep this going - but she had to do this gently because she didn't want to make him mad or give him reason to withdrawl saying it was her fault. He only gets paid for winning or if she dumps him. She has been pretty much stuck with him, having to be kind and give him suggestions or reminders on things that needed to be done. She pulled him along because she felt if she dumped him like she wanted to that he would bill her for his meaningless time already put into the case. She didn't know how to get rid of him - felt as if under contract to be with him.

Well now my mom's lawyer has pulled himself out saying she wasn't cooperative. She is afraid that he will come after her now with his billing. She too wants this over ASAP but with the proper outcome - rehab and training, medical bills paid, workers comp owed to be paid. Other lawyers have helped her a little here or there by telling her what to submit regarding the other part of this case - the discrimination side. However, no one wanted to take the rest of this case - to many problems and to many big shots involved - this is what she has been told.

My mom has been told that things need to end - she is burned out and wants it to end, but in the right way. This case does have potential or it wouldn't have dragged out for so long. She will fight this as long as necessary - she just needs a good lawyer at her side. The proof is there as well as her desire and spunk. Please give us some information as what we can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">