• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Craigslist Sale Dispute - $80

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thomasmallen

I live in Virginia.

I recently sold a functioning xBox with two(2) games to a buyer for $80. I am certain that the xBox was in working condition and had no defects at the time of sale. Neither party tested it at the point of sale. Now the recipient claims that it was broken and that I must pay him back or else face "other consequences." Being that I am sure of my innocence here, I have no concern of him having my information; that being said, he has my email, phone#, and License Number so he can continue to pursue this if he wishes.

Do I have to pay this guy back? I know that it worked fine and am suspicious that at some time when he transported it, or some other time, it was damaged in some way. I don't appreciate his petty methods of intimidation by email, personally.

JETX

thomasmallen said:
Do I have to pay this guy back?
Based solely on your post, there is no obligation for you to pay him.... absent a court order.
If he files a lawsuit, negotiate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">