• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Dealer Bait and Switch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

morri1ja

I live in Colorado and I bought a used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo from Budget Car Sales last November. During the final stages of signing the paperwork, the "manager" called the sales person into his office and informed her that they had quoted me the "wrong" price for the "wrong" vehicle. (She told me under her breath that this wasn't true). They added $400 to the price of my vehicle at the last minute to make the price "right." I could not afford the extra $400 so they convinced me to write them different checks to be cashed at different times, when I "had the money." I cancelled the check for the extra $400 because I realized I had been the victim of a classic bait and switch tactic. Now the laywer for Budget Car Sales is sending me threatening letters about suing me for the $400 and holding me responsible for interest, penalties, court costs, etc. Do I have a case?

Some Random Guy

When presented with a bait and switch situation the proper response is to stand up and say "F*** You" to the sales person and then the manager and then walk out the door. Then go home and call the BBB and any other regulating body.

Unfortunately you fell for the bait and switch and signed contracts for the higher price - knowing full well that the actual priice was. Now you are legally responsible for paying the full bill, including the extrea $400. Try to make a deal with them to pay the original $400 - otherwise you will probably los ein court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">