• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporation Stock Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tturner2

What is the name of your state?Virginia

My partner and I started a corporation in Virginia after years of the business being a legal sole-proprietorship. After receiving our certificate of incorporation, we then did nothing else (by-laws or splitting or ownership of stock). She was chosen by the both of us as the "registered agent".

Now our partnership has grown sour and we are struggling for power and ownership of this business. My question is who owns the stock? Is it a 50% split or what. Even though I signed the application for the corpration, according to the state, her name is the only one appearing on the corporation (as the registered agent). Any input? I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">