• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer misrepresentation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rondeb

What is the name of your state? New York
I signed a contract with a used car dealer for a 2001 Isuzu LS Sport yesterday 9/20/05. I went to pick up the car today 9/21/05 and realized that the car was really a Isuzu S Sport worth about $1500 less than the contract I signed. I refused to take the car because the dealer had misrepresented the Model of the car in writing on the contract. Please tell me what recourse I have to get out of this contract and what agency can I notify of this misrepresentation?

You Are Guilty

shortbus said:
Did the contract specify the model? Or just the VIN number?
That's irrelevant, the VIN decodes down to the specific model. It's no different than if I contracted to sell you a 2005 Corvette and when you came to pick it up, gave you the keys to a 1985 Chevette - that's not what you contracted for.

The contract is void - unless, of course, there is an LS model on the lot they can sell you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">