• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sgrammy sue

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

a tree service told us they would cut down a tree too near our home to do it ourselves for 300.00. They were told to block down the tree because of a strong chance of damaging our house with large limbs or damaging other trees including a 60 year old dogwood. They came out, did not block they tree down in sections as they were asked to do and instead tried to cut down a 100 ft tree in one piece. The tree jumped and lodged in the top of another large oak, which was healthy, but now damaged. The they just left the premises. When I came home from work the tree was standing stight up on the cut in, lodged in a tree 10 foot from my back door. I was afraid to access muy kitchen do to the wind from an approaching storm and the possibility that it would fall on the house. My husband called in 2 other gentlemen and got the tree down. We never spoke to the original gentleman who came to cut the tree. He DID NOT cut down the tree. He cut it it stuck in another tree and he left it there with no note, no phone calls or anything to tell us what he was going to do. He now says we still owe him the 300.00. We have offered to pay him for his time for cutting the tree from the stump, but he did not cut the tree down as he was asked to do. he cut it from the base and left it. Do I have to pay him the full 300.00 or do I have case if he tries to sue us for non-payment. I do have photos of how he left the tree and 6 witnesses who saw the tree including those who helped to dislodge it from the other trees. Also can he be sued for destroying my dogwood that cannot be replaced?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">