• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

was I wrong? returning the camera

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

themallards

What is the name of your state? Arakansas I bought a camera $214 3 days later the zoom lense stopped retracting! I took it back and they would not even exchange it without the receipt although policy says they will not to mention the sales lady knows me and she is the one who sold it to me so she knew I only had it 3 days! well I just bought a new one and then took the other one back with the new receipt! same price same camera!!! before refunding my money the customer service desk sent me to the camera dept, the guy there inspected it and approved my refund! well today 1 week after the return the guy stopped me while I was in walmart and said the serial# on the camera and the one on the receipt doesn't match and that is fraud so we are going to press charges if the correct camera isn't returned! Personally I feel like nothing is lost! It was the same price and per store policy on cameras I would have been within the 30 refund policy it just wasn't the same receipt. I personally feel like the sales lady that sold me the camera just saw that I returned it and she has said something about it to that guy. He ispected it and approved it so I feel it is his bad! So, is it fraud and am I liable?

shortbus

Yes it's fraud! Yes you are liable! Sheesh.

The fact that one guy was fooled by your fraud (which was, after all, the point) doesn't exonerate you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">