• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC Partner never paid his half, What are my options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdlevinson

I started an LLC in FL in December with a friend. We agreed upon a 50/50 partnership. At that time, he did not have any money, so I paid for everything and we both split time building the biz. We both came to NYC to find clients, but my partner had to leave because he had no money. He was waiting to settle a lawsuit from a car accident, and he would pay me from that. He left in April and I have run the biz 100 percent by myself since then. He settled his case and did not send me any money and now he wants to be a part of the business. I have already had his name removed from the Articles. I want to know how to handle it from this point forward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">