• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ice hockey team contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jagmom93

What is the name of your state?NJ

My son is playing for an ice hockey team here and my husband and I were looking to get released from what we thought to be a valid contract. Within this contract it requires that the bill be paid in full (which we are not) before any release is given regardless of the situation so they will not release my child although I feel that the situation (the married head coach has been dating one of the married mothers and we were friends with both parties involved) is not healthy for our son to be here and also feel the coaches are not holding up their end by giving fair playing time to my son (which could possibly be due to the fact that I remain friendly with a person involved). I never had in my possession a copy of the contract except for on the day when I had signed it but none of the other parties involved which includes my son, the head coach, or a member from the ice hockey club. Is this a contract which can be upheld due to the fact he was offered a spot and he has been practicing with the team for the past 2 months?

BelizeBreeze

jagmom93 said:
What is the name of your state?NJ

My son is playing for an ice hockey team here and my husband and I were looking to get released from what we thought to be a valid contract. Within this contract it requires that the bill be paid in full (which we are not) before any release is given regardless of the situation so they will not release my child although I feel that the situation (the married head coach has been dating one of the married mothers and we were friends with both parties involved) is not healthy for our son to be here and also feel the coaches are not holding up their end by giving fair playing time to my son (which could possibly be due to the fact that I remain friendly with a person involved). I never had in my possession a copy of the contract except for on the day when I had signed it but none of the other parties involved which includes my son, the head coach, or a member from the ice hockey club. Is this a contract which can be upheld due to the fact he was offered a spot and he has been practicing with the team for the past 2 months?
Please hold the contract up to the monitor so we can read it and advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">