• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help needed!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

screwedinoregon

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OREGON. Heres the deal. I went to a wholesale auto dealership in portland on 8/31. I got a 97 ford taurus, signed the paper work and had 920$ dollars deducted from my bank account towards my downpayment. since i had no insurance no utility with an address that matched the one on the application or a phone bill with an address to match as well, I had to sign a stipulation contract and bring in the three stipulations and two hundred dollars with in 48 hours to meet the requirement. I drove off with the vehicle on 8/31 late in the evening. I retuned on friday with all the stipulation paperwork required within the time frame, i then left the dealership friday and had an aircept installed saturday morning and left to california to handle legal matters. Then three weeks later, on Sept 20th i let my brother in law use the vehicle to go to school. He calls my wife around 9:00pm and tells her that the vehicle is being repossesed. I immediatley call the automotive dealership and ask why my car is being repossesed. First the auto ******* tells me that he has no record of me paying the two hundred dollars required in the stip contact. I fax over the bank record proving that they recieved the two hundred dollars from the bank. After that he says he called my place of employment and that the secretary said "he no longer works here." So he continues to tell me that the bank will not fund the loan because i am no longer employed. Two things- one under the stipulation contract it is checked off that they have verified my employment with my employer. Two- I was on a leave of absence and (am currently still) which was agreed upon between me and the owner/ my boss giving me two weeks of leave until my legal issues in california are/were resolved. The next day the dealer THEN contacted my employer and spoke with the owner (my boss) who confirmed that i was indeed on a leave of absence and would be returning to work in two weeks. Now we are left with NO car, NO carseats for my toddler children, NO textbooks for my wifes college courses, NO means whatsoever for transportation, a 300.00$ bill just to claim those previous listed personal/ necessary items. 310.00$ brand new 80,000 mile warrentied receipted tires, new oil, and transmission filters along with new fluids. Not to mention no way for my wife to get to college, my kids to daycare, or me to my legal and temp work in california. And HE says to me that he will reimburse the down payment, tires, and expenses for the fluids, and THATS IT. No 300.00 dollars for my stuff to be released while sticking me with a repossession on our credit!!! Should we just bend over and take it or can we retain counsel and sue for consequential damages. I also signed a contact stating that all disputes had to be heard by a mediator/ arbitrator, where legal cousel could be retained, and that any fees incurred by me would be paid if the Arbitrator finds in our favor. Are we screwedinoregon or is there some thing we can do when they breeched their own contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">