• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Job while on Workers comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texas_wc

What is the name of your state? Texas,
Hi,
I have been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel syndrome and I am taking treatment( some exercises and use of splint) for it. It is covered by my employers workers comp insurance.

Since my condition is not advance I can still work.

I want to change job. Do I need to tell my propective employer about my CTS? Can my prospective emplyer descriminate agains me based on my condition and should I change the job will I still be covered by my current employers workers comp insurance?

Thanks for all your advice.

Beth3

No, you have no obligation to tell them. I urge you not to accept new employment that is going to worsen your condition however; that would just be foolish. Carpal tunnel surgery isn't fun.

If you change jobs, yes, your present employer's WC carrier will still be liable for the medical costs related to your injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">