• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Cooling Off Period Laws- HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dstuua

:confused: :confused: California- So I just bought a car last night. I signed the contract but did not drive home with the car and I did not leave any money with the dealer. I looked at the contract again this morning because I am to pick up the car later this evening and it says that California law does not provide for a "cooling off" or other cancellation period for vehicle sales. I thought that there was a 10 day period in which you can change your mind. When I was signing the contract, I had asked why I was signing under the GAP1 line because I didn't want to purchase the service and the finance person said that it didn't matter. I would have to sign there either way. When I looked at the itemization of the amount being financed, it shows that they added the $595.00 for the Gap Contract. Can I get out of this contract or will I just have to deal with it? Help!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">