• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defendant sold vehicle, COF in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissa14

defendant sold vehicle, COO in my name

What is the name of your state? Alaska

I secured a loan on a recreational vehicle, defendant agreed to repay me. I paid loan off, rec'd certificate of origin. He defaulted, then sold or so he reports, gave it to his landlord in return for a year's rent. Defendant has now left this state. I want to recover the balance from him, but in the meantime, can I recover the vehicle from the landlord since he is aware that I am the owner of this vehicle and that the transaction was illegal?

Last edited:

JETX

melissa14 said:
can I recover the vehicle from the landlord since he is aware that I am the owner of this vehicle and that the transaction was illegal?
Nope. You would have to go to court and get an order as such.
And what the hell is a 'COF'???

jonimh

Nice response

I am hoping you might get a little help from someone less RUDE! If any of these folks are so burnt out on the legal advice or helping people who take the time to ASK FOR IT, maybe they should just go away. Belittling someone is just TOO RUDE. SO in response to the person offering that little tidbit...what the hell's up with that??

JETX

jonimh said:
I am hoping you might get a little help from someone less RUDE! If any of these folks are so burnt out on the legal advice or helping people who take the time to ASK FOR IT, maybe they should just go away. Belittling someone is just TOO RUDE. SO in response to the person offering that little tidbit...what the hell's up with that??
With all of your ONE post on this forum, and without ANY legal value at that... your post clearly shows that you are on the wrong forum.
You should be over at our other site:
www.We_Give_You_A_Hug.com/

jonimh

Haha!

Yeah, more excellent legal advice from a professional prick from Prickville who apparently has NO legal knowledge or real "advice" to offer, just TONS of time on your hands and a wannabe legal know-it-all to feel important right? Someone ought to kick your ass off here for the "advice" you give. Hmmm, you must visit Hugsville a lot. Maybe they will serve YOU up some warm cocoa and a big fat cookie while you get your hugs? Please don't bother to respond with more drivel..thanks anyway, but I certainly have better things to do than chat with a juvenile. From what I see here, there are NO professional or helpful individuals that exist. Ok, Gotta go now.

:rolleyes: :cool: :p

JETX

jonimh said:
Yeah, more excellent legal advice from a professional prick from Prickville
Wow, you sure seem fascinated with pricks, huh?? Guess that is because you haven't seen one in so long.

who apparently has NO legal knowledge or real "advice" to offer, just TONS of time on your hands and a wannabe legal know-it-all to feel important right?
How about providing ONE link to ANY thread on this forum where you have provided a single teensy, tiny bit of legally accurate advice??
Come on... you can do it.
Nope, guess not.

Someone ought to kick your ass off here for the "advice" you give.
Still waiting for a bright gem of YOUR legally accurate advice.

Hmmm, you must visit Hugsville a lot. Maybe they will serve YOU up some warm cocoa and a big fat cookie while you get your hugs?
Speaking of fat cookies, how is your ass?? I heard you had to buy two seats.... for the back of that Greyhound bus.

Please don't bother to respond with more drivel..thanks anyway, but I certainly have better things to do than chat with a juvenile.
Obviously not. However, I am surprised that Nurse Cratchett let you use the computer this late at night. You must have snuck into the day room while all the other oldsters are playing bingo.

[qutoe]From what I see here, there are NO professional or helpful individuals that exist. Ok, Gotta go now.[/quote]
Then why are you here?? :D
Guess you ran out of change for that little change-maker you wear around your waist so you can make change for the $5 bills, huh?? :D

jonimh

Yep sure do!

I knew it! All those posts....tsk tsk, way too much time on your hands. By the way, I never said ANYWHERE that I could offer any legal advice. Where did you get that dumbass? I posted regarding your lack of respect for others on this forum in the manner you respond to them. What is "Nope" Professional? NOT. Also "What the hell is"? Professional? NOT. Screw yourself

JETX

jonimh said:
I never said ANYWHERE that I could offer any legal advice.
Then why the hell are you posting to a LEGAL ADVICE forum??
Gee, I guess you ran out of batteries for your little 'friend', huh??

I posted regarding your lack of respect for others on this forum in the manner you respond to them.
So, you admit to having NO legal experience. You don't challenge when I say you are an idiot. You admit that your ONLY purpose here is to slather the forum with your droolings about your PERCEPTION of other peoples 'lack of respect'.
So, why the hell are you here?? Doesn't matter. That little 'problem' is about to be remedied. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">