• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused where this should go.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amanda0823

What is the name of your state? kentucky

I am very confused where this should go............Back in Nov 2003 my husband and I were in a car accident that totaled our car ( 99 dodge stratus ).. Then my husbands grandfather took my husband and I to a car dealership to look at vehicals. My husband was going to just like he did with the car and put it in his name. But anyways, a few days later hubby and his g'pa went back and g'pa decided without asking what kind of financial burden we were in or what we were looking for, took it upon himself to purchase a 2003 Dodge Durango. We were very grateful don't get me wrong but now g'pa is wanting his money back for the vehical. I would rather had a car to begin with pymts cheaper. And we are looking for a house to move into (we live with his parents) and can't afford 500 for 2 vehicals and afford 2 kids. Its all we can do for us 4 and a truck (hubbby). Would it be wrong to give hin the Durango back and let him deal with it, and we never signed any contracts with his g'pa.....................help please :confused: :confused: :confused:

shortbus

If grampa gave you the car as a gift, it's a gift. Not a loan. He has no legal basis to demand money back from you.

If you give him the truck back, that's also a gift.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">