• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip and Fall while working as a volunteer...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattimelt

What is the name of your state? CA

I am in the Angels Booster Club, and as part of the club's duties, we pass out the promotional goodies at the gates when the guests arrive. This past Wednesday, while working, I needed to use the restroom and fell down due to a water puddle that looked like it was just big enough to be from a melted ice cube. When I fell, I couldn't get up and was picked up by the stadium's first aid staff in their "ambulance" and seen by the first aid doc there.

I did have further pain on the way home, and went to the Emergency Room.

While the injury I sustained is NOT major, I am stuck in a knee immobilizer (this is a brace that keeps your leg straight at all times) for at least the next week, which is making my life miserable. I do not have a "regular" job, so the injury is not interfering with a paying position somewhere.

Now.. my questions are as follows:

1) is the stadium responsible for my medical bills?

2)Will I need a lawyer to make sure that these bills will be paid?

Thanks for any information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">