• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

depo on monday 6 yrs after injury - what will they ask me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

renatm

depo on monday 6 yrs after injury - need help b4 they ask questions?

What is the name of your state? ca

my injury was six years ago, surgery to correct my knee was 5 years ago. although the case was never officially "closed" or "settled". i had received paperwork, nor did i ask for it. now, the lawyers for the insurance company are scheduled to depose me on monday about my workplace injury that occure in 1999. is this reasonable to think i would remember details?

when the dr. did the surgery in 2000, it is in his note that he found some condition that all women have in their joints, as men do in their shoulder from throwing a ball. i forgot the name of it. regardless of the name, will they try to use this against my settlement as pre=existing even though no one knew it existed? at the time of injury i was a healthy 34 year old female in fine health. how would i tackle these types of comments and accusations? it is my clear understaind the the ins. company feels they are paying me too muchand wants it to stop. i, on the other hand, don't want it to stop.

any suggestion before monday 9/26 is appreciated.

Last edited:

renatm

asking again for help - 1 hour left

wow... nobody replied, is that good or bad? i have one hour left until i leave for the deposition. any last pieces of advice would be welcome. i am nervous. thanks anyways.

Beth3

It means that nobody here is in a position to give you any specific advice. Do you have a WC attorney? He or she should be advising you on this. Good luck.

seniorjudge

renatm said:
wow... nobody replied, is that good or bad? i have one hour left until i leave for the deposition. any last pieces of advice would be welcome. i am nervous. thanks anyways.
Sorry...I saw your post too late.

Post back with what happened.

This is really strange.

renatm

yes, it was strange. i had the deposition. it was uneventful. it was scheduled several times then rescheduled at the last minute each time. the questions were 98% about how the injury has affected my current lifestyle. (can't jog, bend etc.) 2% about the time of injury and how it happened.

i retained a wc lawyer because of the depo. now they set me up with an appointment to an AME. not sure what his position or objectivity is in all this. remember, this injury is 6 years old. anyone know what the AME's focus is... i.e. my side, insurance company side, or honestly objective?

msiron

They are suppose to be objective but remember how the majority of their billing is done and who pays their bills, insurance companies do!!! ;)

Watch you back when you leave the IME, chances are your being followed. I do IME surveillance all the time... I have one later today.

The last IME surveillance I did was shocking. I sat in the office until she was called in, then I went outside and waited. I had no sooner got in my car when the Claimant came out. Only 7 minutes exactly had passed since she was called in for her appointment. It appears as though some doctors don't take any genuine interest in evaluation of IME patients. It's documented and I believe the INS Co will not be too thrilled with this doctor.

renatm

sounds like an interesting job. i wonder if there has been surveillance up until now, or if there will be only around the AME appointment. i was told to allow 2-4 hours for the appointment. if it is minimal in time, as you mentioned, i will say something.

how does the surveillance work? whom do they choose? where do they follow to? i have nothing to hide, but it does raise a spark of interest if i'm being followed.

renatm

regarding your previous post of IME surveillance you were right on. although i didn't see surveillance, i was instructed to be prepared for a 2-4 hour exam at the AME dr. the dr. examined my knee from 11:20 - 11:25 total. no walking, squatting, or discussion of how it hurts, when, under which circumstances, work related, life related etc. interesting that if he doesn't ask it doesn't have to go into the report... am i right? or do they just write "denies pain under xyz circumstances" since it was not addressed. i believe this AME apt was a farce but not sure what other options are. any suggestions for a second AME opinion that is unbiased?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">