• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Repo Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Want2Know4Me

What is the name of your state? OH

I was at a friends home last week alone and answered his door. There were 2 men who said that they were there to pick up (repo) my friends car and asked if it was in the garage.....it was.
I told them that this was not my home and that I had no involvement or business with them or whoever hired them. I said that they needed to speak with the owner of the car.....not me. The one man shoved his cell phone at me and told me to get my friend on the phone.
I told him that I wasn't going to do his job for him and closed the door. He proceeded to stand outside of the door and yell for about 5 minutes that my friend doesn't answer his phone, that he made an agreement and didn't keep it etc. I didn't open the door again but once again told them that this wasn't my problem and I was not getting involved.
When my friend spoke to the man he said he was yelling because I wouldn't verify my friends number and/or call you myself. I know that they aren't allowed to "breach the peace". But what exactly does this mean. We have been unable to find an explanation for this.
My friend does have his car back....his payment was lost in mail limbo. The bank received it 3 days ago a bit torn but still good.
Of course he still had to pay to get his car back....he accepts that. But the repo man was a rude jerk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">