• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stonefoxie

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

1. I own 3 rental properties on one lot (one deed, one tax bill). Two of the houses are insured by separate companies. A large healthy appearing tree behind the house which has NO insurance, fell on my house that does have insurance. House is destroyed. Will my insurance company pay?
2. The tree split in two and half of it is in my neighbors back yard. Who pays to have it cut up and removed.
3. Several large limbs damaged the roof of the same neighbors car. Who pays? Her auto insurance? or me?
4. If her auto insurance pays, does she pay deductible or me?
Thank you.

BelizeBreeze

stonefoxie said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas

1. I own 3 rental properties on one lot (one deed, one tax bill). Two of the houses are insured by separate companies. A large healthy appearing tree behind the house which has NO insurance, fell on my house that does have insurance. House is destroyed. Will my insurance company pay?
That's a question for your insurance company.
2. The tree split in two and half of it is in my neighbors back yard. Who pays to have it cut up and removed.
You do. It's your tree. Unless, of course, you want to wait to be sued.
3. Several large limbs damaged the roof of the same neighbors car. Who pays? Her auto insurance? or me?
Unless you want to be sued by her insurance company, submit the claim to your insurance.
4. If her auto insurance pays, does she pay deductible or me?
Thank you.
eventually you will since she'll sue you personally for the difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">