• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Sale and Verbal Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GEISEN

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? VA

In Feb 05, I sold a 1998 Acura Integra GS, 75k miles, for 10K. The car was in excellent condition and I also included an additional engine with a Japanese Body Kit. I received a down payment of $3,500.00 from the 19 year old I sold it to. I also completed a Primissary Note and Bill of Sale, the car was to be paid for by Aug 05 with monthly payments being a non-factor and non-interest bearing. After 5 months I received no monies and the young man told me the axel broke, I deduted $500.00 from the owed amount and re-wrote a new note showing the deduction and extending the note to Feb 06. Well, now he say's the additional motor I included for $800.00 as a verbal agreement does not work and he wants me to pay. He's had the car since Feb 05. The engine was still in a crate when he picked it up.

Question: Does the verbal agreement stand for the $800.00? When I take him to court for non-payment, when the note expires can I get the car back?
Primissary Note stated the car was sold "as is with no implied warranty", I know it was in excellent condition. If I get the car back, do I need to refund his money?

Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">