• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do you see risks in this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiffl

Mr. A owes me money. He says after I sign a release and give it to Mr.B (mutual associate), he’ll pay me the money back. My questions are:

· If Mr. A does not pay me the money after I give the release to Mr. B, how easily can I get the release back from Mr. B?

· Assuming I can get the release back, is the release void? Do I have to go through some process to invalidate it?

seniorjudge

tiffl said:
Mr. A owes me money. He says after I sign a release and give it to Mr.B (mutual associate), he’ll pay me the money back. My questions are:

· If Mr. A does not pay me the money after I give the release to Mr. B, how easily can I get the release back from Mr. B?

· Assuming I can get the release back, is the release void? Do I have to go through some process to invalidate it?
This describes one of the most ancient con games in existence.

seniorjudge

Q: Do you see any safe-path that I can take to go through what Mr.A demands?

A: Yes. Avoid Mr. A and Mr. B and all their cohorts.

tiffl

How about if I give the release to an attorney before Mr.A pay me back the money? If yes, do I need an agreement from the attorney?

Some Random Guy

How about you and Mr. A go together to visit your attorney. Then, while in the attorney's office, you get CASH from Mr. A and then sign whatever release is necessary.

Pay the attorney for an hour of his time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">