• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Telephone Co. rip off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lbrumfield

I HAVE HEARD OF SLAMMING IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE IS A NEW WAY TO CON PEOPLE. THE EASIEST WAY TO RESOLVE IT IS TO CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BEAUREU THEY CAN TELL YOU WHO TO CALL TO GET IT FIXED.IF THEY DON'T THE CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCY WILL.

G

George SM

Hello,
I have a question about telephone service that I did not ask for. When GTE became Verizon, they chose to become our long distance carrier (without our consent) when I already had Sprint. While the company still used the name GTE, we changed to Sprint as our carrier, and we never had any problems or reasons why to change again, so we kept them. Since we live a very busy life and we’re hardly home, the time we do spend at home is mostly dedicated to either, wash clothes and clean house, and also to our daughter. We did not notice that we had two long distance carriers at the same time for a few months.
When we did, we contacted Verizon, and we explained the problem. The person said that they show us enrolled with Verizon. We corrected him immediately and told him that we did not enrolled, or approved any new service of any kind with Horizon. However, he insists that we did, and that they were not aware that Sprint was our long distance carrier. They also said they did not receive anything from them (Sprint) indicating that fact.
We called Sprint, and they said their records show that they did send Verizon the enrollment form, and they do not follow up on it because they take it on good faith that Verizon will take it, and follow through with their part. In the meantime, I got a double telephone bill to pay.
Someone told us this is called “slamming” and it’s illegal. I never heard the term but I would like to know if it’s worth spending time on the phone, trying to straighten this out. Do I have a chance of first:
*Getting money back from services rendered during all this time I did not know I had it?
*At least not having to pay a duplicate bill for these services?
If I have any grounds to fight back, what are the steps I should follow?
Any input you could offer is greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch!!

George SM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">