• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help...please!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jetset763

Hey guys need you help with some advice, here is the story!

Ok so I booked a holiday with my friend and it turned into a relationship, we paid half each and both had access to booking confirmations and information we needed to check in for flights and hotels.

On the day of departure I had second thoughts about going as a couple so I pulled out and let the person know I was not going to go anymore because of difficult circumstances which I don't want to bring up on this forum. Now I gave over 15 hours notice and this other person could have still traveled alone but never asked for travel documents that I had that were required to travel.

Now we got no money back from canceling the holiday and now this other person is demanding money back from me because I cancelled event though they could have traveled alone. They have told me they will take me to a small claims court over this; do they have any leg to stand on?

thanks

JETX

jetset763 said:
They have told me they will take me to a small claims court over this; do they have any leg to stand on?
Now I gave over 15 hours notice and this other person could have still traveled alone but never asked for travel documents that I had that were required to travel.
With the incredible amount of detail you have provided.... yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">