• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wireless Phone Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TurdFergeson

What is the name of your state?

I live in Winnipeg, MB, Canada

My friend had a cell phone contract that was about to expire in which he was paying $25 / month. He told the cell phone company he did not want to renew it since a competitor was offering a cell phone deal for $15 / month. The cell phone company agreed to lower his rate to $15 / month if he stayed with the company and he agreed. He later decided he didn't want the cell phone contract and I offered buy his phone and take his contract. I then transfered the account into my name. Once the account was in my name, the rates were raised to $25 / month. I called them to find out why and they said that once a contract is put into somebody elses name, any discounts are taken off since the discount were put into place to save the customer. Also, if I cancel the contract early they will charge me $200. Since my friend's account was put into my name, shouldn't I recieve all the benefits on that account. Also, I did not sign anything, everything was done over the phone.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I am very frusterated at the moment.

seniorjudge

TurdFergeson said:
What is the name of your state?

I live in Winnipeg, MB, Canada

My friend had a cell phone contract that was about to expire in which he was paying $25 / month. He told the cell phone company he did not want to renew it since a competitor was offering a cell phone deal for $15 / month. The cell phone company agreed to lower his rate to $15 / month if he stayed with the company and he agreed. He later decided he didn't want the cell phone contract and I offered buy his phone and take his contract. I then transfered the account into my name. Once the account was in my name, the rates were raised to $25 / month. I called them to find out why and they said that once a contract is put into somebody elses name, any discounts are taken off since the discount were put into place to save the customer. Also, if I cancel the contract early they will charge me $200. Since my friend's account was put into my name, shouldn't I recieve all the benefits on that account. Also, I did not sign anything, everything was done over the phone.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I am very frusterated at the moment.

Tell your friend that this site is only for USA law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">