• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help for this consummer.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bill ny

What is the name of your state?new york.

I recently purchased a car privatelyand paid cash for the veh. I took the word of the seller that the breaks were good, new tires, new muffler....etc.
Upon registering and getting plates the next step was to get the car inspected. The mechanic stated that this car could never pass inspection due to an incredible list of repairs of which he refused to do due to the deteriating condition of the car. Do I need to get lawyer, Call the attorney General of ny state? Do I have any recourse? Am I just stuck with this worthless heap. any advice would be helpful.

bill ny :mad:

Happy Trails

bill ny said:
What is the name of your state?new york.

I recently purchased a car privatelyand paid cash for the veh. I took the word of the seller that the breaks were good, new tires, new muffler....etc.
Upon registering and getting plates the next step was to get the car inspected. The mechanic stated that this car could never pass inspection due to an incredible list of repairs of which he refused to do due to the deteriating condition of the car. Do I need to get lawyer, Call the attorney General of ny state? Do I have any recourse? Am I just stuck with this worthless heap. any advice would be helpful.

bill ny :mad:
You don't need a lawyer or need to call the AG. You have no recourse, you should have had the car checked out by a mechanic prior to purchasing it.

Google "Caveat emptor".

BL

I'm not sure what list the Mechanic gave you , they could have inflated and distorted what actually has to be fixed .

Do a search for New York State DMV , on the bottom are links to various Dept's .

You should be able to find Just what an Inspection covers .

If you're lucky you can get it on the road at a fairly reasonable cost ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">