• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Injury comp & release settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FieldEngineer

What is the name of your state? CA

I WAS RATED BY MY WORK COMP INSURANCE AS 28% DISABLED DUE TO A THORACIC AND LOWER BACK STRAIN ON 10/29/2005.
I ASKED FOR A COMPROMISE AND RELEASE SETTLEMENT FOR A TOTAL OF $30,000. tHE INS COMPANY DREW UP THE PAPERWORK AND i SIGNED IT AND HAD IT NOTORIZED.
AS REQUIRED, THE WORK COMP APPEALS BOARD HAD TO REVIEW IT.
THEY SAID I WAS 35% DISABLED AND THAT THEY WOULD APPROVE THE SETTLEMENT AT THE HIGHER AMOUNT.
(2 MONTHS AGO, I WAS 'LAID OFF' AT WORK).
NOW THE APPEALS BOARD IS REQUIRING ME TO ATTEND A HEARING. WHAT IS THIS ABOUT AND HOW LONG MUST I WAIT? THANKS

FieldEngineer

well, its been 12 days and nobody has anything useful. the only one who wants to say anything is too immature to realize when someone has their caplocks left on. thanks (i guess im whispering now)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

FieldEngineer said:
well, its been 12 days and nobody has anything useful. the only one who wants to say anything is too immature to realize when someone has their caplocks left on. thanks (i guess im whispering now)

My response:

Now, no one is going to respond to you. Go pay for the advice you want.

IAAL

HappyHusband

FieldEngineer said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I WAS RATED BY MY WORK COMP INSURANCE AS 28% DISABLED DUE TO A THORACIC AND LOWER BACK STRAIN ON 10/29/2005.
I ASKED FOR A COMPROMISE AND RELEASE SETTLEMENT FOR A TOTAL OF $30,000. tHE INS COMPANY DREW UP THE PAPERWORK AND i SIGNED IT AND HAD IT NOTORIZED.
AS REQUIRED, THE WORK COMP APPEALS BOARD HAD TO REVIEW IT.
THEY SAID I WAS 35% DISABLED AND THAT THEY WOULD APPROVE THE SETTLEMENT AT THE HIGHER AMOUNT.
(2 MONTHS AGO, I WAS 'LAID OFF' AT WORK).
NOW THE APPEALS BOARD IS REQUIRING ME TO ATTEND A HEARING. WHAT IS THIS ABOUT AND HOW LONG MUST I WAIT? THANKS
Who did you work for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">