• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Work during a clam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gotford

I recently suffered a sever injury to my left leg at work. My doctor has said that i am cleared for light duty only, and my employer agrees. During work i am being harassed and threatend by fellow employees, and supervisors, due to my injury. I met with the boss over this and said he would look into it a week later it is still going on and i call the labor board. They said they would look into it and would get back to me. yet another week has passed and nothing has happend. i am always looking for work and sending off my resume and what not just to see what doors open for me. I was offered a job however i do not know weather i should take it because of my WC clam and i still do not know weather surgery is going to be done. what should i do i need out of here, but also cant afford the expenses for my oppration.

Wes

e3mrk

i am in Ohio so the rules may be different in your State but if you are on Workers Comp. it is a state fund and it should stay with you.

Beth3

And your question is?

If it's whether your employer is still liable for your injury and the related expenses even if you quit, the answer is yes. If the harassment due to your injury continues, you can file a complaint with your State's WC Division for retaliation. What I can't tell you is whether your new employer (if you accept another position) will be willing to extend leave time to you if you require surgery for your leg.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">