• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting countersued by his insurance company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DanXP

What is the name of your state? NJ

getting countersued by his insurance company

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? NJ

hi... i'm a newbie here... thanks to all in advance... tried searching but couldn't find what i was looking for...

my driver side rear door was hit by a truck's tire... in the main road of a large mall, a large truck was in the left lane changing lanes into my right lane... police report indicates '06' as the reason code, meaning 'improper passing'... it was clearly his fault, but somehow he was able to convince the police officer to say it was my fault... how could it be? his right tire caved in my rear driver side door causing ~$5k in damage... no damage to the truck...

after getting denied by his insurance company, i filed suit in small claims against the driver, his company and the company's insurance company... was that a good idea? now they've filed a countersuit saying they're going to collect for legal fees... maybe i should have filed just against the driver?

is there any way for me to get the police report changed? the reporting police officer wouldn't change his report, would he?

any advice would be greatly appreciated...

this is so frustrating...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">