• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

High levels of Chlorine at Water Park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RachelH

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My 3yr daughter was taken to Wet N Wild. The day after, she had a rash on the back of her legs. So I used some benadryl cream to rub on the legs, the rash persisted more than 5 to 7 days so I consulted a doctor. Which stated that high levels of chlorine mixed with another chemical made her have an allergic reaction. I called and spoke with someone at the park to make a claim, after 3 attempts of getting someone, she sent the claim to the insurance person who would then contact me. I have spoken with a case worker who wants to give us $250 towards all the doctor bills. I have spent over $700 or equal to $700. She is still taking medication and is still going to a dermatologist, every visit cost money she currently does not have health insurance since a recent job change and she is continually having to go every week for them to see if it is improving. Should I take there offer and settle with $250. I was only asking for her medical bills and all the different types of prescriptions she has had to take to be paid for.

Last edited:

grasmicc

I'm not sure you've really got a valid claim here, to be honest, so I might just take what I could get. ;). That being said...

I'd still try to scare them into giving the full amount requested, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they decided not to pay.

Your other alternative is to get an attorney to help you with this on a contingency basis.

Something I might try is to meet with an attorney, but don't agree to work with him/her at that point. Then go back and call the claim's handler and tell them that you met with an attorney, and you will retain him/her if necessary, but you'd rather just settle it now for $750.

HomeGuru

RachelH said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My 3yr daughter was taken to Wet N Wild. The day after, she had a rash on the back of her legs. So I used some benadryl cream to rub on the legs, the rash persisted more than 5 to 7 days so I consulted a doctor. Which stated that high levels of chlorine mixed with another chemical made her have an allergic reaction. I called and spoke with someone at the park to make a claim, after 3 attempts of getting someone, she sent the claim to the insurance person who would then contact me. I have spoken with a case worker who wants to give us $250 towards all the doctor bills. I have spent over $700 or equal to $700. She is still taking medication and is still going to a dermatologist, every visit cost money she currently does not have health insurance since a recent job change and she is continually having to go every week for them to see if it is improving. Should I take there offer and settle with $250. I was only asking for her medical bills and all the different types of prescriptions she has had to take to be paid for.
**A: consult a PI attorney for free. Then you will have a better idea.
The park may be negligent depending upon the chemical mix etc.

rmet4nzkx

Take the money, I am surprised they offered $250, that is a reasonable settlement for a claim without any merit on the surface and no PI atty in FL is going to take such a case but get a free consult.

If it were a chemical reaction, it would have burnt other places first and other places in addition to rash on the back of her legs. Did she shower after? Did she use sunblock? Did she get sunburnned? There are too many mitigating circumstances. Is this in part a friction rash? What Rx is she using to treat the rash now? Is your daughter toilet trained or have hypersensitive skin? Has her doctor reported this to the CDC?

Did the dermatologist do a biopsy of the rash? Some micororganisms may infect the skin and not affected by clorine, or your daughter may have developed a friction rash or sunburn and an opportunistic organism took advantage of the compromised proective skin barrier after the fact, if this is closer to the facts then there might be some merit, but the water park might not be totally responsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">