• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Positive Drug Test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atomic83

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California

I was recently offered a job working for a great company just pending background check and drug screen since I knew there would be no problem with either I cancel my future interviews and went and took the drug test the same day, the next afternoon I got a call from the HR department of the company who told me that the test came back positive which is impossible because I have never ever use drugs in my lifetime, he provided me with a number to call and i did asap spoke with five different people who either told me that they couldnt tell me what the test was positive for or that I would have to contact the company that I had applied for, so I went and call the HR department and he was less then friendly about it and told me that I needed to talk to you drug screening company because they won't release the information to him just that it came back positive, so once again I call the drug testing company to find out more information and got the same run around one of the customer service reps told me that all he could say was that the test didn't go back positive because it wasn't tested it went back because the urine wasn't in the right level so I called the HR again and this time he said yes that was correct but they did another test and that is the one that came back positive and that I should talk to the doctor who did it, to make a very long story short as of right now I have been told that the test came back positive but they will not say from what and I have also been told that no test was giving at all and not no one on either side is returning my phones calls, I spoke with my own doctor who told me that the medication that I am taking as well as nyquil could have cause the test to give a false positive

Right now I don't know what to do because until I find out what it was I can't do anything about it but I am not getting any help from anyone, I feel that this is slander on the drug testing company part as well as the HR company not following up with me wanting to know how it is possible for someone who has never done drugs before to get a "positive" reading because I have also been told that the test take three days not one to come back

shortbus

First, cool your jets. Do you want the job, or do you want litigation? Thinking in terms of lawsuits is not going to help your position.

Then have your doctor call the HR dept and explain the situation. Have him ask if you can take another test, or take a different test.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">