• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Clairette

Florida

I wash hair part time at a hairdressing salon No more than 30 hours a week.
One day I was playing with a little dog on a clients lap, I was feeding her popcorn from my mouth. After about 1/2 an hour the dog bit me in the cheek. I had to have stitches.
I was off duty at the time.
My employer does not carry Worrkman's Comp.
The dog owner offered to pay for the missed days of work after the incident. I declined.
Now my family want me to sue the hairdressing salon for damages and no Workers Comp.
I wasalready on medication because I am bipolar and I am having a lot more anxiety than usual.
Do you think I have a case? :confused:

Lisabyday

Perhaps you may be able to recover some monies from the employer because she did not have work comp insurance; however, if your job was to wash hair and you were injured while " I was feeding her popcorn from my mouth" that is not within the line and scope of your employment. Who knows, consult with an attorney it will not hurt to try.

BelizeBreeze

Clairette said:
Florida

I wash hair part time at a hairdressing salon No more than 30 hours a week.
One day I was playing with a little dog on a clients lap, I was feeding her popcorn from my mouth. After about 1/2 an hour the dog bit me in the cheek. I had to have stitches.
Comparitative Negligence.
I was off duty at the time.
irrelevant.
My employer does not carry Worrkman's Comp.
irrelevant
The dog owner offered to pay for the missed days of work after the incident. I declined.
then you are a fool
Now my family want me to sue the hairdressing salon for damages and no Workers Comp.
And which attorney family member advised you of this?
I wasalready on medication because I am bipolar and I am having a lot more anxiety than usual.
Do you think I have a case? :confused:
Sure you have a case. Probably of xanax. But a case of what against whom no one knows. And even if you DID have a case to recover some of your expenses for your injuries, don't count on recovering much. YOU are just as much to blame, if not more, for your own injuries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">