• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

forcefrog01

What is the name of your state? MO
In August 04, I made an verbal agreement with an individual to provide care for their horses. The verbal agreement was - I would provide pasture, feed, water, and general care for the horses. In lieu of a cash payment, this individual would provide labor toward to the upkeep of my farm. The person refuses to keep their portion of the contract. I am looking for possible courses of action from the forum. We are looking at proposing a written contract that will charge this individual for the horse care and also looking at the possibility of removing the horses from our premises.

Thanks

HomeGuru

forcefrog01 said:
What is the name of your state? MO
In August 04, I made an verbal agreement with an individual to provide care for their horses. The verbal agreement was - I would provide pasture, feed, water, and general care for the horses. In lieu of a cash payment, this individual would provide labor toward to the upkeep of my farm. The person refuses to keep their portion of the contract. I am looking for possible courses of action from the forum. We are looking at proposing a written contract that will charge this individual for the horse care and also looking at the possibility of removing the horses from our premises.

Thanks

**A: a little late but go for it.

shortbus

Your 'contract' is probably void for vagueness. You would more likely be able to seek restitution for the value of your horse-boarding services.

Or, you can make a new agreement with this person, though why would they agree to that if they've made no moves towards paying up so far?

JETX

shortbus said:
Your 'contract' is probably void for vagueness. You would more likely be able to seek restitution for the value of your horse-boarding services.
Not necessarily true... We have NO information to determine the vagueness or specificity of the 'contract'.

Draw up a new WRITTEN agreement for NOW and the future. You cannot go backwards (without their permission). And if they refuse.... dump the horses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">