• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lent friend money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ticklem2004

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Ok I lent a friend $200 dollars but did not get a promisory note signed. He verbaly said that he would pay me back. I wire transfered him the money so I would have a record of the loan. A couple months later I tracked him down and he wrote me a check for $300 dollars. I told him I would hold onto it until he could come up with enough money in his account for me to cash it. I waited a couple weeks and never heard from him so I decided to deposite the check. Well guess what it did not clear. I have documentation of me lending him money and documentation of his intent to pay me back is there anything that I can do in this situation through small claims. I would just like to teach this guy a lesson.

JETX

ticklem2004 said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Ok I lent a friend $200 dollars but did not get a promisory note signed. He verbaly said that he would pay me back. I wire transfered him the money so I would have a record of the loan. A couple months later I tracked him down and he wrote me a check for $300 dollars. I told him I would hold onto it until he could come up with enough money in his account for me to cash it. I waited a couple weeks and never heard from him so I decided to deposite the check. Well guess what it did not clear. I have documentation of me lending him money and documentation of his intent to pay me back is there anything that I can do in this situation through small claims. I would just like to teach this guy a lesson.
Thank you for your wonderful post. We too, hope that you can teach him a lesson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">