• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancel Contract - Karate teacher with Felony warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weeds

Nebraska

Hello, this is my situation and question.

I entered into a contract with a karate teacher to teach my children. The contract is pretty solid in its design with an auto-renewal feature with only allowing canceling the contract 30 days in advance via certified letter or the contract will auto-renew.

During the time I found out that the teacher had felony warrants out for his arrest in another state as well as violent charges against him. He also had restraining orders placed against him from one of his students.

Well, long story short, I missed the certified letter cut off time by 6-7 weeks, I don't want my children around a violent person with felony warrants, who could blame me.

Now he wants a years worth of payment for classes I refuse to use. What can/should I do?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

weeds said:
Nebraska

Hello, this is my situation and question.

I entered into a contract with a karate teacher to teach my children. The contract is pretty solid in its design with an auto-renewal feature with only allowing canceling the contract 30 days in advance via certified letter or the contract will auto-renew.

During the time I found out that the teacher had felony warrants out for his arrest in another state as well as violent charges against him. He also had restraining orders placed against him from one of his students.

Well, long story short, I missed the certified letter cut off time by 6-7 weeks, I don't want my children around a violent person with felony warrants, who could blame me.

Now he wants a years worth of payment for classes I refuse to use. What can/should I do?

**A: terminate on the basis of your facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">