• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have serious Q about Inspection laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skeeto50402

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire
I have looked up all the NH Inspection Laws concerning new and used cars, and the top of the list says WHEELS AND TIRES must be inspectable. I did not waive any rights when I bought my used car from a dealer, and was assured of a full inspection before pickup. My husband and I drove out to Michigan and out rear left wheel came off, stripped lugs and such. The thing is, my husband had tried to put some air in the low tire and it blew out at him. He put the donut on, which can go safely up to 50 miles, so we could make a 5 mile trip to sears to get a new tire, and the tire came off on the highway at 30 mph. If the tires and wheels have to be inspectable, then are we able to get money from the dealer or inspection station to pay for the repairs we did in Ohio?

seniorjudge

I did not waive any rights when I bought my used car from a dealer, and was assured of a full inspection before pickup.

Did you, in fact, get the car inspected?

skeeto50402

Well, we picked the car up at the station, and were present for the visual inspection (where they check to see the blinkers work, the brake lights, etc). We recived a paper stating the brakes had been repaired, and listed everything else that had been repaired (all concerning brake work, oddly) but it said nothing about the wheels or tires.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">