• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repair Shop took 5 Months and counting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oleslie0o0

What is the name of your state? Michigan....My vehicle was in a accident May 11, 2005...T-boned by another vehicle...The vehicle was towed to a collision shop that nite...The collision shop allowed me to get personal affects out of my vehicle because I was unsure of how long or if the repairs were going to be done at all the insurance came out and looked and decided to repair the vehicle the collision shop that it was towed to is doing the work but slowly...Taking into account the over 6,000 dollar check issued to the collision shop within days of the accident to start on the repairs I visit the shop about a month later to see the progress of it all and low and behold nothing has really been done except for the front wheel is off and it is sitting on a lift I come back two weeks later and still sitting on the lift I now am asking alot of questions about why things are not progressing on the vehicle and was told that it was not his fault he got sent wrong parts 4 times! (keep in mind the parts place is about 5 miles from the collision shop come to find out) Here it is close to 5 months later and I just called to hear well it won't be done for another week or so because yet again he got sent another wrong part among numerous others that got sent wrong...So, I ask about the deductible and if that could possibly get waived because of his lack of obvious concern over my situation (also keep in mind he offers free curtiousy cars but failed to mention or make known that they were available and when asked when I could pick one up said that none were available) he told me that he could waive 200 dollars only after he didn't give me a new wheel and replaced the wheel that was supposed to new with the spare and a 50 dollar coupon on top of all of this he had the balls to tell me to bring cash for which I assume to avoid the taxes of the income to the shop. Now I would assume that better business practices would make a person think about this and say hmm...yanno I was at fault for alot of the delay in the repair of this vehicle and maybe I might want to incur some of this cost but it seems to be a flat denial of any poor business practice and complete disregared for a customers feelings. I'm not saying I have not researched this because I have and all of the larger and surprisingly smaller collision shops would infact incur the cost of the deductible because of the situation. It just makes me upset to think that a business owner could do this to a customer after having my vehicle for 5 months and obviously not really care how much its costing me in the vehicle payment and ins a month while he has it...(he has had the vehicle longer then I got to drive it I had it for 4 months before the accident) I have the ins agent coming with me when I go to pick the vehicle up and we are all going to sit down and have a long talk about all of this....(sorry for the long drawn out story but i'm very upset...) Yes and by the way the collision shop is acting like he is doing me a wonderful favor of having my vehicle for 5 months while I pay for the payment and ins on it. I would like to hear any legal advice or comments about this....

CAMARO1

Repari Shop Marriage

I don't have any legal advice but I feel your pain. Unless it was a light tap I can't believe they opted to fix a t-boned car. If you ever get this ride back talking from experience this vehicle will never be the same, you will be married to this shop. If you only had this vehicle for 4 months before this happened thats why the ins co wanted to fix it, Its cheaper for them than to pay it off, you will never be happy w/this car and its problems when you get it back. 5 months is hurrendous i would fight w/the ins co they are the ones responsible make them work for you, stay on their tail till something gets done. They will get tired and do something about it. When you do get it back take your time and inspect it thoroughly, chances are even after 5 months they will slap it back together in a week throw some paint on it (like they did mine) and give it back to you. Look for misaligned panels, paint runs, open the trunk if you have one look for bad welds make sure all your instruments work, check out this site (collision consultants). You now have deminished value that you may be entitled to and if they did a poor job repairing the car you may have repair related deminished value. Go to court and fight for it.lp florida

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">