• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost shipment advice wanted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

minkhiller

Hey helpers,

My inquiry involves a lost shipment of a bicycle and it's packaging container. The package was shipped from UT and it's destination was to be NH. DHL freely admits they lost the package. The bike and box it was shipped in have a value of $6650.00 at actual cost.

DHL says that a lost package is valued at a maximum of $100.00 or less. I am yet to determine is the shipper in UT added insurance to the shipment as the owner of the bike shop is on vacation and the kid he left to run his shop is clueless.

Let's assume that this unreliable shop placed no insurance on the package. The bike is not insured by renters insurance. The owner of the shop did e-mail me today and said "DHL has been screwing up everything for the last two weeks".

The shipment left UT on the 15th of September. The last record from DHL'S tracking system place it in OH on the 17th. From the 17th on there is no record. The estimated delivery date on the DHL site says it would be delivered on the 22nd.

Any help would be appreciated. This is a bike that I always wanted. The only way I was able to afford such a bike was through the unfortunate death of my dad. This means a lot to me, and if he was able to say so, it means a lot to my dad's lifetime of hard work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">