• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed a car lease and can't get out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stupiddumbgirl

What is the name of your state? NE
Last night I went to a car dealership and signed a contract to lease a new Murano and trade in my Avenger. Come to find out that the title for the Avenger is in mine and my mothers name and she refuses to sign. The dealership is saying that I can't back out of the deal even if I have no trade in. They are saying that they can take me to court for the cost of the trade in or I can hand them the cash. Am I stuck with a new Murano or is there something I can do to get out of this because my mom is on the title and she didn't sign anything. Please help. :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stupiddumbgirl said:
What is the name of your state? NE
Last night I went to a car dealership and signed a contract to lease a new Murano and trade in my Avenger. Come to find out that the title for the Avenger is in mine and my mothers name and she refuses to sign. The dealership is saying that I can't back out of the deal even if I have no trade in. They are saying that they can take me to court for the cost of the trade in or I can hand them the cash. Am I stuck with a new Murano or is there something I can do to get out of this because my mom is on the title and she didn't sign anything. Please help. :confused:

My response:

Basically, you're screwed.

IAAL

shortbus

True. The deal is not likely to be contingent on the trade-in. The trade-in is just a way of satisfying part of your upfront payment obligation. You owe the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">