• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maine Workers Comp Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justininbangor

I live in Maine and am having a problem with workers comp. I have injured my predominate hand (right) in a manner that is causing my thumb to go numb. When I grab or hold anythiung, the numbness can become so annoying that I have to let go of the item in my hand. As a cook it began to hinder my performance. I was recently let go at my job where one of the reasons was that I was "not performing up to par." Now I can not find work because no one wants to hire an injured person. It is obvious that I am injured due to the fact that I will either subconsciously rub my thumb or shake my hand. I also feel it necessary to inform future employers that I am injured. The doctor my last job sent me to has said I am able to work without limitations even though he admits he is not sure what is medically wrong. He has done no x-rays, but did a test for CTS, which came back negative. On my last visit, he said I may have separated a nerve which is rubbing on my bone every time I bend my hand. I need to know where I should go legally with this situation and if I should bother seeking legal representation .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">