• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transmission estimate turns out to cost as much as repair!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ch3rry

My state is Pennsylvania

Called this place about getting Transmission repaired, wanted to know approximately how much to repair (so we knew if we could afford to fix it or not)

The guy went on and on about how they do things finally saying that for somewhere around a grand they could fix it but "lets just get it in here first and see exactly what we are looking at" was his exact words

He mentioned nothing about paying for an estimate, and we made it very clear we wanted a price range

1 week later he tells us that it will cost $2700.00 to fix it :eek:

We had previously checked with ford dealer for a new one from them it was only 2200.00 so who in their right mind would get one fixed for more when they could just get a new one from dealer cheaper right!

Told the guy we could not pay that as it was cheaper at ford dealer and he says he needs a credit card and im like for what! and he said we agreed to pay him a grand (we did not agree to that or any price for any estimate! )

So now he says no money no truck, he is keeping our truck til we pay him $328.00 (first he said a grand we agreed to!)

Most places make you sign an authorization form, Can this guy really make us legally pay this???

If i knew this i wold have takin it to another place advetised right under their add in yellow pages that said free estimate! but i thought theirs was too! he said to repair it around a grand but he insists he said to check it out!

Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">