• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JPearson

What is the name of your state? California

I was injured on the job and required surgery to repair an abdominal hernia.
After about 8 days my boss was at my front door telling me that if I did not
get in my truck and get back to work he was going to give my truck to someone else and when I finnaly do show up there might not be a truck available for me. So I did what he told me to do, I got dressed and got in my truck and went back to work. After a short while (7-10days) , while at work performing my usual duties, my stitches opened up and my intestines began forcing out of my abdomin causing a large bulge in my abdomin. When I told my boss about it he shruged it off like it was no big deal. However, that night while I was at home sleeping he had my truck picked up from in front of my house and taken back to the shop. When I called the office to see what happened to the truck I was told that I was fired for stealing. He claimed he knew nothing about any re-injury and stuck to his story that I was fired for stealing. I want to sue him for what he has done to me, but I may have waited too long to act. My workmans comp case is still active and I am still on temp. total disabillity. I feel I was wrongfully terminated, slandered, and he was negligent forcing me back to work before I had fully recovered. What can I do? Who can help me?

JustDream

JPearson said:
I feel I was wrongfully terminated, slandered, and he was negligent forcing me back to work before I had fully recovered. What can I do? Who can help me?
Hire an attorney! If you did in fact have a WC injury and you did not do anything to be fired then you may have basis for a wrongfull termination suit! In the mean time see your doctor and follow the doctor's orders and no one else! A hernia can be very serious if not taken care of.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">