• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refunding money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

john775

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

In 2000, I purchased a truckload of paint from a Florida company ( after several recommendations ) that was to be shipped to Texas. After sending my $1900 to them, my storage facility suddenly contacted me and told me that I could not store the paint at their facility. I searched for a new facility to no avail....during this time, I moved and of course, my contact info for the company was lost by the moving company. Now....fast forward to early this year. I have found copies of my contact info as well as copies of the certified check and a copy from the bank of when this was deposited in their account...I have contacted the company in question about refunding my money. Phone calls have gone un answered and a registered letter has just been returned. BUT, they are answering the phones there...just that my call is not being returned. There was no contract since I make the purchase over the phone. Is there a statuate of limitations on collecting this money from the company in Florida? Or how should I persue this? I am about to start chemo and this would realllly help when the bills start coming in shortly. Thanks !!!

shortbus

Even if you purchased it over the phone, there was a contract -- a verbal contract. However, yes there is a statute of limitations on breach of contract actions, in California for example it's 4 yrs. your best bet would be to explain the situation (including the chemo) to the company and see if they'll help you out.

john775

Thanks, Shortbus. That is what I have been trying to do, but with no returned calls from them and then today receiving back the registered letter I sent to them ( notice left by post office, but letter was never picked up ), not sure HOW to proceed. Would I look up statute of limitations for expiration on MY end ( Texas ), or with the other party in Florida?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">