• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Title or Plates!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

notliable23

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I purchased a car from a dealer in June of 2005. I paid the taxes on the car for the title and plates at the end of July. My temporary plates expired today on Sept.30. I still don't have the title or plates!! I have called the dealer repeatedly and asked when I will get them. He always told me that it would be in on the 15th or 30th of the current month. But it never was. Then I called him on the day my temp plates expired and asked where my plates were. He told me that the title was full and it would take another month to clear things up. He said that he doesn't know if I can get another temp plate. So now what am I supposed to? I have to ride around with expired plates and posssibly get a ticket. I feel like he had enough time to clear up the paperwork on my car before my plates expired. He waited until the last minute to even get the plates and title. And he didn't even call to tell me that the title was full. I had to call him and find out. I filed a complaint against him with the Secretary of State but they told me it could take up to a month to investigate my claim. What are my legal rights in this situation? Any advice will be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">