• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bill of Sales

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wriggs

What is the name of your state?MN
In Minnesota does a Bill of Sale have to be written on a legal paper like I see on some of the sites or can it just be on a sheet of paper and does the buyer have to give seller a copy of it? Secondly if a person says that yes the vehicle or boat in my case runs good and 45 days later the guy calls and says it doesn't--is the bill of sale still good--it did not say length of a warranty just said that I thought it needed minor tune up. All replies appreciated.

JETX

wriggs said:
In Minnesota does a Bill of Sale have to be written on a legal paper like I see on some of the sites or can it just be on a sheet of paper
Nope. A 'Bill of Sale' can be written on toilet paper.... used or not.

and does the buyer have to give seller a copy of it?
As long as the bill of sale shows all the specifics of the purchase and the item purchased.... and is SIGNED by the seller.... not unless the seller wants one.

Secondly if a person says that yes the vehicle or boat in my case runs good and 45 days later the guy calls and says it doesn't--is the bill of sale still good--it did not say length of a warranty just said that I thought it needed minor tune up.
The 'bill of sale' has NOTHING to do with this. It only documents that a sale occurred. Does this 'bill of sale' include any warranty or 'as is' statement??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">