• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get wheels in motion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trucker05

What is the name of your state? Michigan ..... I am a truck driver and 2 weeks ago I hurt something in my chest/sternum area while lifting the hood of the semi . It hurt so bad it took my breath away and didnt know if I had rib maybe jabbing me in the lung or just what so I called my wife to come pick me up and take me to the ER. I was,nt far from home when the accident had happened so we went to local Hospital. On the way to the hospital I used my cell phone to call my supervisor to let him know what had happened and told him I would call him when I returned from the Hospital. ER Dr. said I might have a rib that pulled away from the cartilage and that these kind of injuries take a while to heal,and that this would be a workers comp. claim becouse it happened while I was on duty with company equiptment.Ex-rays were taken and pain shots were given in my chest along with a perscription for strong meds. Five days later I was seen by a family practice Dr. for a follow up.This Dr.also said I had a rib injury and said no work and wanted me to go see a chiropracter.This is where it gets really out of whack.The trucking company that I work for also has a PTO that handles alot of their business affairs including work injuries. When I returned from seeing the family practice Dr. i recieved a really nasty call from the safety manager from the PTO.He said he was my boss and that I should have contacted him and broke the law by going to the Hospital and not going to there Dr. So there fore he says they are not going to pay for the hospital bill or the family Dr. visit. They set me up with a Dr. of there choice that said the same thing as the Dr.s that I had seen.This Dr. also had me go and have a bone scan done,waiting for the results to come back.The PTO sent me a letter now saying that I am not eligable for comp benifits becouse the Hospital diagnosis is for chronic obstructive puminary desease which would not be due to a work injury. The Hospital says this was not a diagnosis but was only noted on the report. They plan to resumit the report to the PTO. The PTO says that if the bone scan shows something they will start paying from the time I saw their Dr. only.and that if it doesnt show anything they won,t have a claim. I have been trying to get the Hospital report so I know what Is on it for sure. but they dont want to give it up to me till the bill is paid. It,s hard to argue with someone when you dont have all the facts right in front of you. What do you suppose I should do to get the wheels in motion in the right direction.Just being off work for this little bit of time has put us deep in the hole and it,s only getting deeper.Need to find a way to get them to pay compensation till I can get back to work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">