• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

People suck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fittyfolee

Hi, Im 18 from PA just to let you know...
Today I recieved a letter from a dept. store asking for my verification for an online purchase of a gift card ($400)Thats all fine and dandy except I didnt buy it! They cancel it and tell me to check my bank account (I hve a Visa debit card that she somehow got the info for) I go to the bank and they print out a report of my transactions where I find another online purchase of a $200 gift cert. from Old navy that I never did amongst other charges that totaled up to be $400. My question...Is there any legal action I can take against this woman? She caused me to bounce checks...one to my mom who really needed it which caused her to bounce checks. It just really sucks and I know she probably won't get in trouble for it. Any feedback will be appreciated!

F

fittyfolee

Id draw a picture ifI were able to, HomeGuru, but hopefully this will help:
A monkey wouldn't steal $ from me
A hampster wouldnt setal $ from me
A giraffe woudnt steal money from me
A person did again...............

W

wja4507

You know what doesn't suck? Retribution. You have two choices: you can have her arrested for theft, and/or take her to Small Claims Court. Of course, if you have her arrested, having her show up on trial day may be a problem. So, go down to your local small claims court (call the county clerk's office to let you know which one you can use), and get the papers to fill out, fill them out and file the claim for a small fee (less than $100) which you will likely get back WHEN you win. Make sure you sue the correct person, and that she has been served notice. Show up and tell the judge that people suck, and the judge will nod and find in your favor...maybe. Judges are people too ya know. Let me know how it turns out, but do NOT sit on your hands - nothing happens that way, and decent people get screwed (people that suck then win!)

Adios

You understand that none of the above is legal advice, and you should retain qualified counsel, or at least verifyy the information posted, before following something some law student guy posted on some obscure Web site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">